Sunday 10 March 2013

Weekly Reflection 04/03 - 10/3


Favourite session of the week: My last long ride on the 9th March was my favourite session for the week. It was not my longest ride but it was great to tick the final box off the program. A northerly wind meant that the ride back home was hard but I did reach the furthest (Dromana). I was exhausted after this ride, haven't felt that tired after a ride since Lorne camp. I fell asleep on the floor in the midst of my stretch on the foam roller. 

Sunday Session - Getting into the
wetsuit for 7am swim at Frankston

Least favourite session of the week: Due to my injuries, I haven't been running. I substituted the Thursday AM run session with some time with the elliptical trainer at MSAC. It was not the most interesting session (reasons why I no longer go to the gym). I broke one of my rules with training with music as it was the only way I could get through 3 x 15min. 

Sunday Session - Getting briefed by Coach Ollie.
Me in the pink cap. 



Advice of the week: Don't underestimate the need for a good sleep. Sleep gives your body a chance to heal and regenerate and your mind to refresh. 

Photo taken at Tri Alliance Family BBQ (today - 10th March).
That's Martin next to me - he is another Ironman First Timer. 

Thing I’m looking forward to next week: I bought a water running belt over the weekend and I am actually looking forward to trying it out. It will arrive on Tuesday and so I will use it on Thursday morning when I have an interval run session scheduled as part of the program. I know that it will not be much use for me so close to the Ironman but it gives me a chance to try something out.  I can give feedback to the squad for anyone who gets injured and wants to know about water running in the future. 
http://www.aquajogger.com/IW_Products.m4p.pvx?;MULTI_ITEM_SUBMIT
Apart from trying something new, I am really looking forward to my first taper for my first Ironman. Will keep this blog up to date on how I go through this.....good or bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment