Saturday 23 March 2013

Twas the night before my first Ironman...

Apologies in advanced for not providing you with updates over the last 2 days. I have been running off my feet. So what have I been up to since Thursday? Here is a bullet point summary:

  • No training for Thursday, all I did on that day was a sleep in, work and then went to Elwood to pick up our Tri Alliance supporters shirts provided by Giant (Bicycles). 
  • On Friday, I had a casual breakfast at Two Bags Full in Abbotsford before I headed over to the LBS to pick up some last minute things. 
  • Bad news regarding LBS trip, I tried to order some tubes and they promised me last week that it would arrive the next day, well 10 days later, I go to the shop to only get the bad news that they ordered the wrong size...
  • Went to Southland to get my nails done. Doing nails for race day is something which my friend Lidia and Lee do. I got them done in Hot Pink as it is my friend Nola's favorite colour. 
  • Massage appointment with Michelle at Physiosports Brighton - I have been seeing Michelle for about 3 months now and she knows my body and what it needs. 
  • Home to shower and made more protein balls to share with the squad
  • Registered at the Ironman Expo - got my bags, wrist band on, signed the waiver board. 
  • Went to the Welcome Dinner at Docklands
Once I got home from the Welcome Dinner, I started to pack my ride and run bags. I have never done this before and boy oh boy...it is a chore in itself!!! I decided to lay my things down on a white towel so I can see what I have packed (and what I have forgotten if I did).

This morning, I rode around the block and double checked my gears with my race wheels. It was then it was off to Frankston to check in my bike and to drop off my run bag (into large bins) and hung my Bike bag on the hooks in the transition tents. I hung around to see some of the pros checking in their bikes. Took a few photos of my heroes (will post photos soon).

Back home to eat and then nap. I have now packed my morning bag (which contains my wetsuit, goggles, swim cap), my transition bag (all the things I put onto the bike) and my street gear bag (for after the race). I have eaten my dinner (rice, salmon and avocado) and now I am ready to go to bed...

If you follow my blog, thank you very much. I am excited that I am doing this event - my main goal is to finish. If you have downloaded IronTrac app and want to track me - I am athlete number 555.

See you on the otherside. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment