Wednesday 20 March 2013

4 More Days

This morning, I drove along Beach Rd into work and saw that the Ironman Expo tent was up at St Kilda. 4 More days.

I had my deep tissue massage last night in Bayside - Stephen at Bayside Sports and Remedial Therapies - Great Service and he has worked with many sports clubs before opening his own practice about a year ago. I have a flush booked in on Friday 12pm before I head down to the Expo to check in.

I got my bike serviced on Monday but will need to get it re-tuned with the race wheels (race wheels also getting new tyres).

Did my last swim session on Monday which was a 4km set (I didn't end up doing a Cool Down after 10 x 400m). Tuesday I did water running instead of my interval session due to prevention of further injuries and I will do a quick/short 40km ride today.

I have also been invited by USM to provide some feedback regarding Ironman Melbourne and the website tonight at Urban Hotel (as a first timer) at 5:45pm. Looking forward to this session.

It is a rest (nothing) day for the rest of the week and weekend leading up to Sunday's race. I might do an open water swim on Thursday night (just nice and slow), might not.

Fri - Register/Check-in at Expo, Welcome Dinner
Sat - Check in Bike at Frankston
Sun - Race Day

No comments:

Post a Comment