Friday 1 November 2013

Noosa Update

So after we arrived here at Noosa on Thursday, we had time to eat lunch before Lee (a friend from the squad) and I went to the lagoon for a lap of the swim course. The water is as salty as the previous years and my mouth did get ridiculously dry.

After the one lap swim, we went and had dinner at the life saving club before Sally and I headed back to our accommodation to sort out what we were doing for the undies run. Lucky Sally had an extra pair of moustache printed undies as the ones which I bought were too small (I have actually bought a size smaller in the past).

Friday 1st - the long course guys had a bike ride which started at 5:30am. I thought 5:30am would require bike lights but I ended up having to wear my sunnies because it was so bright already. The ride was over the course and then further out to Boreen Point and a loop back. I lost the guys after every stop but I happily rode at my pace until I caught up with them (next stop). It was a great 70km ride through the back roads.

I then got back to the apartment to take a shower, nap and then we got ready for the undies run at 11am.

Sally posted that we were starting at 11am and we had a few people from the squad who were there to see us off which was great. People donated too. We ran (walked) along the foreshore and then up Hastings St via a lap of the expo.

We raised nearly $100 that morning from donations.

Here is some picture to prove that it happened.


 
After the undies run, I then had a quick pool session (of pool soak and drying out on the lounge) before we headed off for lunch. As we had a few hours to kill before our afternoon swim session we decided to properly check out the expo. 

There was the obligatory purchase of Noosa 2013 tops and then I bought a Timex watch ($30, was $120). I didn't buy anything else. The things you buy at the expo is inversely proportional to the years of triathlon. 

The swim session with the squad was good as we had a small insight in pack swimming. Learning the difference between where to swim was also great. After the swim, there was a quick briefing about race day and what to do leading up to it (such as hydration). 

We had plenty of time to head back to the expo for registration where we picked up our bag (with towel - bonus!) 

Tomorrow is a day training before we have some downtime to watch some of the events. 

I still don't know how I feel about the race on Sunday. I will take it as it comes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment