Sunday 17 November 2013

Shep was all hurt.

This is not my official race report as I don't have my photos or official results yet so it will be a quick low-down on how my day went.
Don't let this picture fool you, I had a long day with my longest half marathon ever.


Swim - great. I felt better even when I was punched on the back of my head really hard at one point that I had a bit of a panic attack. I quickly gained control of my nerves and kept swimming. Saw a yellow bouy and swam towards it but it ended up not being part of the course (as it was on land). Don't know what my time was but I am pretty sure it was better than last year as I had a 3 in front of the time.

Bike - I am grateful that I did the ride on Saturday as I felt that I knew the course better and knew what was coming up. I actually drank a full bidon on the bike (90km) but needed to go to the toilet....don't know what to do about this. I couldn't average 30km/h and felt a bit frustrated. I had hundreds of people pass me and I only passed about 10 people :( 


One lap down!! Woot!

Run - cramped. All the way from about 2km in the run all the way until the end. My quads seized and my toes clenched up whenever I tried to run. So I pretty much tried to run as much as I could when the cramps went away but had to walk when the toes seized. One toilet stop. Stuffed up the Garmin so my nutrition was not 100% timed. 


So I blew out my time by about 30min+ Dodgy knee, leg cramps and every taken into consideration, I tried my best in this event. I had a good swim and bike and that was the small goals I wanted to tick off from this event.

What now? I will venture out to the SPC factory in the morning as well as having a good breakfast. I have a massage booked in on Thursday and that will help with the knees. I have no major events coming up until Challenge Melbourne in Feb. I have an open water swim next weekend as part of corporate games and the will be supporting at the Gatorade races. 

Limpy McLimp, signing out for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment