Wednesday 30 October 2013

Its Noosa Biatches!

Words cannot contain how excited I am to go on this holiday (or more so the "not working part"). I wrote about this last year(here and here) and how there is an obvious buzz in the (triathlon) air about this event and the days leading up to it. 

Some people have started on their journey up to QLD this morning whilst others will land on Thursday (including myself and Sally). We are staying in the same apartments as last year but not too sure about the room type. In 2011, the apartment was average, last year, the apartment was 100 times better. We had booked for the same rooms but I am not 100% certain if they got that right. We will see on Thursday.

For some reason, I am more relaxed about the whole week compared to last year. I haven't even started packing yet and have no idea what I am going to bring. Bike was serviced on the weekend and have my packing foams ready for the bike to be packed tonight. I think it took me about 1 hour to pack it last year. All I do is take my wheels off and protect the hell out of the frame and groupsets. I am not bringing my race wheels or my wanker helmet up.

Sally and I are doing something different this year - I will be supporting Sally for the Undies Run down Hastings Street on Friday to raise money (and awareness) for Movember (Sally's). If you would like to donate to Sally's page - see this link. We will be posting photos of this to prove that it happened.


There is a training program for long course athletes using Noosa as a lead in race for Shepparton and Canberra. I am not going to be doing much of the training runs so I will do the following:

Thursday pm - Swim (instead of Run)
Friday am  - Long Ride, pm - Undies Run (short and light), Expo and Register, Swim (3:50pm), Race briefing (4:45 - 6pm).
Saturday am - Team Photo, Ride the run course, Team Breakfast, pm - Coaches meeting, check bike in.
Sunday am - RACE DAY pm - nap, party
Monday am - WITSUP Brunch, Beach...
Tuesday am - Long Ride, Beach...
Wednesday am - Recovery Swim, fly home (cry)...

I don't think I will be posting much between now and Thursday of next week. I think my weekly reflection posts will also be delayed (or combined with the next week).

4 Days until Noosa Olympic
18 Days until Shepparton 70.3
95 Days until Challenge Melb
144 Days until Ironman Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment