Friday 15 November 2013

Just a few days to go....

Here I am in my small studio cabin at Big4 and starting to come to terms that I am going to be swimming, riding and running (walk-jog) on Sunday amongst a few thousand competitors. 

In just 2 more sleeps, I will be on the start line for my 2nd Shepparton 70.3. The days leading up to this weekend was busily filled with work, packing the house (little by little) and training. 

We arrived in Shepparton at about 3pm after dropping the little dog off to my parents house in Geelong first. This had been a long day as I drove for about 5 hours in total, one really really bad coffee was purchased and consumed. 

After we checked in to our cabin, we went to the event venue for the Tri Alliance swim session. We started from the swim exit and swam to the other side of the lake to the swim start. Then it was a half lap to the swim exit (going the long way around). The taste of the water was still funky as always (however, I noted not as funky as last year). Maybe it was due to the rain over the last few days, maybe it was just me. 


After the swim, we went to Coles to buy some essentials for the weekend such as milk, salmon (dinner Sat night) and yoghurt. 

I have just had a pretty big (yet delicious) meal at the local pub of Parma with bacon, BBQ sauce and a fried egg on veggies and potatoes. 

Tomorrow, the Canadian and I will ride a lap of course as I will not be running until race day. We will probably finish by 12 and then I will register, check the bike in and the May get my race nails done. Getting nails done has been a bit of a tradition and I love it :) 

Getting excited and nervous at the same time. Crapping my pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment