Saturday 16 November 2013

It's Shep time yo!

Wowsers! One more sleep! 

This morning, I rode a whole lap of huge bike course. I had forgotten how "not-so-interesting" the long stretch of the course was until this morning. Luckily I had some company with me. The winds were not as strong as last year. I rather a day of hardly any winds than a tail wind, head wind and side winds any day. 

After the ride, it was a quick soak in the lake, then it was off to register. The Shepparton packs are always awesome. This year we got a small bag with a pull bouy, a clapper, a head sweats visor, a stubby holder and ankle band. Still the best value for "competitor" money for me so far. When I finish the race, I will then pick up a medal and a towel. I actually forgot to pick up my competitor shirt so I will see if I can pick one up after the race. 

The bike was racked on rack E. This year, they have rack numbering (lettering) on the end so I will be vale to recognise which rack I am on (unlike last year).

Dale with his race shoes on!

Number 782 on rack E

Race nails are done and ready!!

Anyways, my wave will go at 7am along with the pros. Each wave after is 2min apart. Sure will have people swimming over me the whole way. 

Fingers crossed that I will have a good day tomorrow. Things I must remember to do in the morning include:

- Fill drink bottles
- kinesio tape my knees
- apply numbering tattoos
- put in ankle chip before I leave the cabin

Time for some rest. 

Happy racing!





No comments:

Post a Comment