Monday 24 June 2013

Weekly Reflection 17/06 - 23/06

Favourite session of the week:
In terms of training, I really enjoyed my Thursday morning windtrainer session. The reasons why it was my favourite:
  • It was freezing cold
  • The session was held outside!!!!
  • Even though I didn't sweat as much, I worked extra hard so I could warm up quickly
  • I stayed consistent during the main set and pushed beyond my limits
Seeing the dietitian was also a highlight of my week and I have started to see Calories in a different light. Something non-triathlon related - I did the Melburn Roobaix on Sunday - will write about this event in another post. Very memorable day.

Least favourite session of the week:
The lack of sleep over several night really has impacted on my health. I didn't come down with a cold or anything but it felt like it (sinus blocked and really drowsy) and so I didn't get to ride on Saturday morning. Really spewing because I really loved riding through the Dandenongs. Apparently we are doing bike time trials this weekend and will be moving to another destination in the following week (most likely Kinglake).

Advice of the week:
Sleep and planning come hand in hand. I must plan ahead in terms of what to pack for training clothing, work clothing and also what foods to eat as I need more than 5 hours of sleep a night. I have found it to be an issue lately especially on a Thursday-Saturday situation.

What I’m looking forward to next week:
This is recovery week and time trial week. I am looking forward for the swim TT to see how I have improved. I am starting to feel the water again and hopefully the swim stroke correction classes I am doing on a Saturday afternoons are paying off (even if it is only a few seconds faster).

No comments:

Post a Comment