Wednesday 12 June 2013

Weekly Reflection 03/06 - 09/06 - CAMP WEEKEND!

Firstly - I need to apologise for the delay of this post. I usually post my weekly reflections on a Sunday or Monday when I have access to the internet (I don't have internet at home). So here is my weekly reflection post for last week!
Favourite session of the week: I will write more detail on the Lorne Camp in my next post and the reasons why (in more detail) but my favorite and most memorable session would have been my long bike ride on the Saturday. It was literally my first long ride on the road since the latte rides in the month of April as I have been doing Bike School. I lead the group due to my pace and then ended up also riding up (and down) Deans Marsh Road up to Benwerrin. I felt like I was back at real training again and to be able to ride up the hill was my main goal for the weekend and I achieved it on the Saturday.


Note - Deans Marsh Rd is a 10km climb of about 4% average. I am still not the World's best descender.

Least favourite session of the week: Rolled the ankle during Saturday's run. Enough said.

Advice of the week: The hardest part about doing an Ironman is not the training, the race nor is it the things you miss out of leading up to the big day, it is the months (post recovery) where you are building up your fitness again from scratch. The last few weeks have not been pretty, they have been the hardest weeks I have experienced in my triathlon career.

What I’m looking forward to next week: I have a seminar/practical session on running with Tony Benson on Wednesday night. Looking forward to refreshing my skills on running - hoping to learn a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment