Thursday 6 June 2013

Lorne Camp 2013 - The Plan...

So here we are again, the day before Lorne Camp and I am yet to pack for the weekend... We received our training itinerary on Tuesday and there are several changes compared to the last 3 years I have attended as Jarrod Evans (and his Endurance athletes) won't be joining us this year.


So here is what I am planning on doing:

Friday
Get there in time to check in and get ready for run session at 4pm. I will most likely be part of Group 2 which is an easy-moderate run of about 50min.

We will be having dinner at 6pm then the team meeting/briefing at 7:30 where we will find out what we are doing for the next day and also which group we will be riding with. Here is where the coaches will outline expectations and the houserules for using the life saving club.
Saturday
Rides will start at 7am (onwards) and I am guessing that I will either be placed in the following:
Group 2 - 3.5-4 hours (otherwise Group 3 - 2.5-3 hours)
I am guessing group 2 because I am a long course athlete and I have been attending Lorne camp for a few years now. I am hoping to be able to do Deans Marsh road again this day.

After lunch, there is a seminar with Lakeside Sports Medicine from 1:30 - 2:45pm followed by a run seminar by Mizuno from 3:15-4pm.

Runs will start at 4:15 and I am guessing I will be part of either:
Group 2 - 60-70min
Group 3 - 50-60min

Then it is dinner at 6pm followed by team meeting/briefing at 7:45pm.

Sunday
As I am been allocated to do bike cleaning session at 11:15am, I will need to be back (inc soak) and ready by 11am. Depending on which group I am to be placed in:
Group 2 - 4 hours
Group 3 - 3-3.5hours
I may have to start an hour earlier than everyone else as I will need to be back early yet cover the distance on the program.

We will have an open water swim session at 2-3pm which I am looking forward to. I am hoping to swim from the pier to the life saving club.

Runs will start at 4pm and I will be doing either:
Group 2 -70-80min
Group 3 -60-70min

Then it is dinner at 6pm followed by team meeting/briefing at 7:45pm.

Monday
The rides will start from 7am onwards and most likely, I will be riding for 2 hours followed by a Strength and Conditioning session with Kemble at 10:15am.

The final lunch/bbq will be at 11:45 followed by camp de-brief and then we can leave Lorne around 2pm.

I am planning on staying at Geelong on Monday night to spend time with mum (dad is flying to Malaysia on Friday and Sam is in LA for a wedding).

Not sure if I will be covering as much riding this year as I did last due to the bike cleaning session which will be immediately after Sunday's run session - I am guessing Sarah placed me there so that I can teach the newbies who will benefit more than the advanced guys.

Looking forward to a training spike this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment