Wednesday 6 February 2013

Weekly Reflection

I stumbled on a triathlon blog through the twittersphere last week - it is one from a triathlete named Eric Engel - http://ironmandiary.com/

He writes his entries in on a weekly basis - it starts out writing about a perspective of triathlon, then a weekly summary and it ends it with the following questions:

Favorite workout of the week:
Least favorite workout of the week:
Advice of the week:
Thing I’m looking forward to next week:

It is a great idea to add to a triathlon diary as it makes you reflect on the week's training and also makes you think (positively) about next week's training. I am shamelessly going to steal this idea and add it to my blog too. Not sure how much of a contribution it will be as I only have 5 weeks left until my big race and I already answer these questions amongst my regular posts but doesn't hurt to try something new.

So lets kick things off with 28/01 - 03/02

Favorite session of the week: My long endurance run session. It was my longest run distance to date (being 26km) and I ran 90% of it solo, had my nutrition down to a T, used coke with no hassles and loved every step of it even in the rain.

Least favourite session of the week: I wouldn't call it much of a session but due to cramps, I wasn't able to do my interval runs on the Tuesday morning. So it was my least favourite workout as it was one which I didn't do.

My Family
Advice of the week: Don't think of the long distances (of the program) as something impossible or scary. Just get out there and enjoy it - it can be achieved, its on a program for a reason. Trust the program.

Thing I’m looking forward to next week: I am looking forward to the Geelong Long Course on Sunday 10th Feb. It will be my 2nd attempt at a half ironman distance and looking forward to correcting some of my mistakes of Shepparton. I also get to spend a few nights in Geelong with the family (mum and my little brother Sam). Dad is in Malaysia at the moment and Kai is living and working in Dubai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment