Wednesday 13 February 2013

A change of training plan!

Last night, the Coaches decided to start introducing the long OW swim and long run combo starting this Sunday. Coach Sarah will arrange for someone to take my place for this weekend's Nissan Corporate Triathlon. I was looking forward to do this triathlon but I know that the long swim and the run from Frankston to Sandy will be more beneficial for me for the big race.

We will be arranging some sort of car pooling thing - this weekend, I will be driving my car (and giving people lifts) down to Frankston then will need help in giving me a lift down to Frankston to pick up my car. I am a pretty slow runner so I don't know how that will be done - either someone patient can wait for me to finish or I will just run to my house and then ride down to Frankston (??) or I will catch a train back down to Frankston from Mentone. But if I am to be driving people down for their run, I will also have their bags with me in my car. I guess things should work out at the end.

Can't wait for this weekend's training - 150km ride with 4km off the bike on Saturday, 2-3km swim followed by a 28km run from Frankston to Sandringham on the Sunday! Things are starting to become real about doing an event longer than a half ironman. This weekend will also give me a chance to use my new hydration belt that I bought from the expo too. One flask will have coke and I am going to train with salt tablets and water (3 flasks) instead of shotz hydration mix.

I love the fact that I am excited about training and ticking off my victories (albeit some are small) in my program.

39 days left until Ironman Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment