Sunday 17 February 2013

Weekly Reflection 11/02 - 17/02

Favourite session of the week: Wednesday swim with Coach Ryan. I don't usually do the swim at MSAC on a Wednesday night. As I needed a good sleep in after Tuesday pm windtrainer and Thursday am was set as a sleep in, I changed my session to the Wed for a nice change. Ryan had the iPad there and took a short video of my stroke and showed me where I needed to improve - this included crossing my left arm over my body when I breathe out of the right side.

Least favourite session of the week: This is not a session that I hated or even disliked but today (Sunday 17th) - I did my longest, hardest and hottest run to date. It was difficult and it hurt but I learnt some valuable lessons from this training session which I will write about in the next few days. It was a tough day in the training office.

Advice of the week: You will learn something about yourself during every training session - some lessons are not pretty but turn those around into a positive for your next session (learn from your mistakes).

Thing I’m looking forward to next week: Another Build week coming up (more training sessions) and we have an info session on Wednesday night regarding nutrition. Looking forward to tuning my nutrition strategy for the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment