Sunday 5 May 2013

Weekly Reflection 29/04 - 05/05

Favourite session of the week: There are too many sessions I enjoyed this week but two really stuck out.

I went back to the pool for the first time this week on Monday and I was happy! It wasn't easy. The weeks away from the pool were noticeable but I was just glad to be back and wearing my new Funkita swimwear I bought post Ironman. We swam a total of 1.6km or so but loved being back in the water again.

Sunday Trail Run Group

We also had a great trail run at You Yangs on Sunday which was great. It was the first time at the You Yangs for me. I know plenty of people riding their mountain bikes there but I had never been. I ran (moved) a total of 7.7km including the climb up the Peak lookout. 

Least favourite session of the week: I didn't get a chance to commute to and from work this week due to the not ideal commuting weather (read windy and rain) and work commitments which required me to have my car. On Saturday, I wasn't feeling 100% with pains along my hips again so I decided to just take painkillers and stayed in bed.

Advice of the week: Never underestimate the need to plan your week in advanced - this will help you see clearly what you need to get ready for and pack/cook/wash/prepare ahead of time.

Things I’m looking forward to next week: Next week will be my first full week of training. No more latte rides, no more run fitness sessions, no more sleeping in because its recovery month.

The first week back is still not the full week (no session on Tuesday or Thursday morning, no swimming on Friday).  I have also signed up to do the bike skills course and hope to gain some more confidence on the bike in terms of turning and descending. This is happening on Saturday morning but may ride in addition to make up for the distance.

In addition, I also have a massage booked in on Monday afternoon which I am looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment