Monday 13 May 2013

Weekly Reflection 06/05 - 12/05

Favourite session of the week: Windtrainer, one of my favorite sessions of the training week and it was the first one for the season! I just love this session as I get to escape the coldness and get to sweat! I feel so much better having a good sweat session - better for my breathing and my skin. I think that's why I enjoy doing bikram.

It was a packed session and we combined all the groups together - beginners through to long course. I am going to make a conscious effort this season to push beyond my comfort zone on the bike and increase my strength. I have also continued using Dale during these sessions leaving the road bike for the Saturday rides only.


Least favourite session of the week: I fell off my bike....the first for 2013. It was during the bike skills course at which we were riding around obstacles at super slow speeds.

Slow Bike + U Turn = Stack!

Now my left shoulder and arm hurts and I am struggling to squeeze my shoulders to release the tension between my blades. I have minor grazes on my leg but its just surface wounds - not a big deal.

Advice of the week: Never underestimate the need for salts for hydration. I had a pretty big night on Saturday night (more of this in the next post) and so Sunday I was feeling less than average. When I finally got myself out of bed other than to get something to eat or toilet, I had electrolyte tablet and some Himalayan sea salt. I instantly felt a millions dollars. I should have had this regime done before I went to sleep early on Sunday morning. I guess I won't be having a night out like this one anytime soon as the next few months will be all about preperations for a successful season. I don't understand/know how people do this weekend after weekend.

Thing I’m looking forward to next week: Another week of training towards my goal races. I won't be attending the run session on Thursday night due to a work function so I may either do a run on Thursday morning or a ride around Albert Park.

This Sunday will also be my first endurance run at Fairfield so I am looking forward to my first real run back since Ironman.

No comments:

Post a Comment