Wednesday 22 May 2013

SURPRISE!!!!

Due to my OCD tendencies, I like being in control, I always have plans and must know what I doing in advanced. So on the program, we had in a Time Trial (TT) for swimming. I asked the coaches yesterday about it as I wasn't sure if it was a programming mistake or not. They told (or lied hid the truth) to me and told me that it was a mistake and they would be correcting it. They either (i) lied not wanting me to know that it is on so I won't be prepared for it or (ii) changed their minds at 11pm last night.



As this was a swim TT and having already done a 10km ride TT on the 11th, I wasn't too phased about getting a time slower than what my previous results had shown. Moving onto the Long Course (especially the Ironman Program) - I had been working on my endurance rather than speed over the last 4 months and combined with taking about 5 weeks off real training - this can only mean one thing - slow times. At least I have a base to compare my performance throughout the rest of this year.

My ride TT was done as part of bike skills. My time was 21:43 and my slowest 10km ever. I knew where I had slowed down (the hillier parts of the 1km loop) so the results were not surprising at all. We will do another TT on Week 6 of the program. I am sure I will be faster but this will also depend on my confidence around sharp corners.

The Swim TT this morning was 1km. I knew my strength was MIA. I had pretty much stopped swimming post Ironman for 4 weeks, stopped Reformer Pilates and any form of band-work. I did my 1km TT by myself (in my own lane) this morning. We only had about 7 ppl over 3 lanes, this was maybe due to the coldness as it was 6 degrees and us Northcote ('Cote) kids swim in the outdoor pool which may or may not be heated. Anyways, my swim TT was 21:23 which was nearly 1.5min slower than my fastest 1km TT. I am not too disappointed as I had no expectations and I knew that my swim fitness was left behind at Frankston on the 24th March.

If the 10km run TT was based on what I had done on Sunday as part of my long run, it would have been over an hour for sure. It was a joke how uncomfortable the run was.

Onwards and upwards from now on I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment