Monday 5 August 2013

Weekly Reflection 29/07 - 04/08

Favourite session of the week: On Saturday 3rd Aug, instead of riding Beach Rd with the main squad, Michelle and I went and rode the Dandenongs instead. Michelle just bought a new bike and was eager to test it out.

We started our ride from Wantirna Mall car park and then we rode straight up 1-in-20 on the way to the Sky High lookout. After the lookout, we decided to turn left and head towards Montrose. The ride down towards Montrose was interesting as I never realised how much of a hill climb it was if we rode towards sky high from Canterbury rd. There was also a significant amount of traffic of the roads too compared to the way we rode up.

Egg Cups (bacon, brussel sprouts) with brocollini
By the time we reached Montrose, we were both frozen. We then turned around and rode back towards Olinda and then down the 1-in-20 and then back to the carpark. I really loved riding around the Dandenongs, the view is amazing and I think the general cyclist crowd is much nicer than Beach Rd or Kinglake. The ride back from the Basin to Wantirna Mall is also not too far away so we didn't have to deal with the general car traffic much. This was much less stressful than riding towards Templestowe from Kinglake. 

Least favourite session of the week: I didn't really have a session I didn't really liked. My hips are a bit sore at the moment which made my run slightly uncomfortable. That's due to female issues more than inflammation or running injuries.

Advice of the week: In order for me to eat properly, I have been preparing much of my meals well in advanced. This can be Bircher muesli for breakfast which can be prepared the night before, egg cups (I make about 12 at a time) to be eaten for lunch and snacks through to preparing my vegetables ahead of time and storing them in plastic zip lock bags so when I need them, all I do is reheat. I am storing much of my cooked veges, egg cups and sometimes meats in zip lock bags is that they take up less space is my little fridge. Like the saying goes - Poor Preparation leads to Piss Poor Performance


Thing I’m looking forward to next week: RECOVERY WEEK!!! I will try to stick with my Melbourne Marathon run program as much as I can so I will still be doing a run (of some sort) on Tuesday morning. It is also Time Trial week and we will be doing the Swim TT on Wednesday and the Ride TT on Saturday. I will see how I am travelling towards the end of the week for the Ride TT on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment