Monday 12 August 2013

Weekly Reflection 05/08 - 11/08

Favourite session of the week:
Both my run sessions on Thursday and Sunday were great and made a difference to my running. I have always made improvements once feedback is given by coaches. Running, swimming or cycling do not come naturally to me so when I started to swim, ride or run, there is no form. 


Example of lower
core exercises

On Sunday, it was a repeat of the techniques we learnt on Thursday evening, more running with hands on head and running with arms at 90degrees all the way through the swing. 

I have made a conscious effort in holding my core for everything now, from sitting in the car (when driving), sitting at my desk through to doing lower core exercises when I am lying on the floor. Remembering to hold myself still (less swinging of the shoulders and hips) when walking, running, cycling. 

Least favourite session of the week:
I didn't really have a least favorite session for the week as I placed 100% of my efforts into all of my sessions. I didn't go to Friday morning swim due to my back but I ended up doing my own swim session on Saturday which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Advice of the week:
I had to face reality in a few instances this week. In my previous post, I spoke about how I have downgraded my running from full marathon to half marathon in October. I would not be able to train up to the full marathon distance 10 weeks before the event when I am not even able to put in 100% to all my training sessions, stay injury free and recovery from the marathon well enough to race Noosa 2 weeks after and a half ironman 4 weeks after. 

I am glad that I have made this decision early in training before anything drastic happens which will jeopardize my racing season. This is a personal choice and not necessarily the same for others. I know how my body reacts with load and I am being careful on purpose. 

Sessions I’m looking forward to next week:
Build Week 1 - I am really looking forward to putting in 100% to all my sessions. My body is feeling much better compared to the last few months. I will see how I am going and may do the Sandy Point half marathon on Sunday. I won't be using this event for a PB, I am just doing it as a long run day as it is just outside my doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment