Monday 1 July 2013

Weekly Reflection 24/06 - 30/06

Favourite session of the week: I ended up doing my own 20km Ride TT on Saturday instead of starting with the squad at 6am. I wanted to do my own TT without the pressures of being surrounded with others. I am happy to report that my 20km Ride TT has a new PB of 43:37 from my previous (best) time of 45:22. This time is not fast for most triathletes but I am stoked because it is a 2min PB from my previous best efforts.



The teardrop loop is slightly shorter than 1km so that is why the total distance is 500m short of 20km but everyone who did the 20km should have approximately the same distance (unless they rode on the outside of the loop the entire way).

Yes, my watch is strapped onto my handlebars over a sock. I don't like to use the quick release due to the number of people I know who have lost their watches because of this.

Least favourite session of the week: Even though I had a 1min improvement on my swim TT, I enjoyed the session the least because my mindset was not in a good way which magnified everything that went wrong that morning - (1) my (new) bathers acted like a drag suit in the water (2) we were asked to move from one end of the pool to the other (from 3 lanes into 2) due to the fog and the lifeguard could not see us and lastly (3) the coached had us swimming 5 sec apart which was not long enough OR we were seeded incorrectly. I found myself tapping feet, overtaking one person but 50m pool not long enough to overtake the 2nd, through to waiting at the end of the pool for congestion to settle so I could avoid touching other ppl's feet. But looking at it positively, I know that I am able to swim < 20min for 1km and this will be my goal for the next TT.

Advice of the week: Make a conscious effort to know what you want to get out of each session before you start. That way, we are not training for the sake of training/ticking off the sessions. Coach Greg asked each one of us on Tuesday evening during the windtrainer session this question - it was actually a hard question to answer - you don't know what is the right answer to give. I answered this - I wanted to work on my weakness (or I wanted to gain strength on the bike).

What I’m looking forward to next week: I am looking forward to my double session Tuesday and Thursday. I don't have life interruptions this week so I should be able to attend those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment