Monday 15 July 2013

Weekly Reflection 08/07 - 12/07

Favourite session of the week: Loved my Monday morning swim session. We had Coach Ollie on and he took some (above) water videos of our swimming which gave plenty of feedback to our swimming efficiency.

Least favourite session of the week: My calves are still tight and sore from my run session on Thursday night and I was struggling to walk on Friday. Saturday's hilly ride also did not help with the issue. Instead of running with the group (program was 15km) on Sunday, I decided to just walk for a few hours instead. My calves felt sore as I tried to do a few small runs so I decided to just do what I could.

I ended up walking for 2 hours which was approximately 10km. It wasn't my favourite session of the week as it wasn't a run. I also had to break the boredom of the walk by listening to my iPod which I haven't done in years. The music I had loaded on the iPod was from the 2011 Run for the Kids. 

Advice of the week: Learn the difference between fatigue and laziness. There is a level of fatigue that still lingers after doing an big event. I am still trying to get my body back into the training schedule and so far, I can only do what my body allows me to do.  

What I’m looking forward to next week: This weekend (Sunday), I have my first event. I am running (using this term very very lightly) a half marathon as part of the Run Melbourne event. I have posted about my level of hesitations about this event before. Due to the lack of run-fitness I have, this will be just a long run day with a few thousand other runners. I am looking forward to this event as I love being amongst the atmosphere of others being fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment