Monday 22 April 2013

Weekly Reflection - 15/04 - 21/04

Favourite session of the week:
I really haven't done too much the past week apart from riding into work on Tuesday (70km) and the latte ride on Saturday.

Tyre Changing with Coach Greg
We rode from St Kilda to Williamstown (and return) making the whole trip just under 50km.

There were plenty of beginners with us as they are not really in a recovery phase to take a break from triathlon training - they only just got into the sport late in the season (Remembering I was in that position in 2010).

We rode (very slowly) to Williamstown with a few hiccups along the way but it is expected when the group is careful. It was the first group ride for some athletes and some of the bike paths are very dangerous (and some motorists wonder why we don't ride the paths more often). It was actually safer to ride on the road as we did that along Footscray rd rather than taking the bike paths.

We did have a session for the beginners on how to change a (clincher) tyre and signalling.

Least favourite session of the week:
I am absolutely itching to get back into the pool but I still have one more week of no chlorine (due to the tattoo on my arm). I think I may be getting back into the pool over the long weekend if not, it will be Monday 29th April. No pool = not happy.

My foot is still not 100% so I am really mindful about running just yet. I am fearing my first run because I know it is not pretty.

Advice of the week:
Get your niggles sorted now in recovery month before we head into winter training. If we don't sort things out, it will delay our progression and when we try to keep up with the program, it will lead to more injuries.

Thing I’m looking forward to next week:
This week is actually great. ANZAC day in on Thursday and so most of the office is taking Friday off work and making it a long weekend. On the training program, I will ride into work sometime this week - it will be either Tuesday or Wednesday, then it is another latte ride on Saturday followed by 1000 steps on Sunday. This session is so much fun and we get to have a great breakfast at Coach Daz's house too.

Sunday afternoon will also be my first footy match (Hawks v Kangas) for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment