Monday 8 April 2013

Weekly Reflection 01/04 - 07/04

Coach Greg running through the chute
Apologies for inconsistent updates of the Weekly Reflection. Due to the lack of training, I have been slack in this update but the purpose of this (Weekly Reflection) is to reflect on every aspect of triathlon (even during Recovery Phase) and not just about the Training Phase so it here goes...

Favourite session of the week:
Due to the vast amounts of chocolates and the lack of movement over the Easter break apart from house cleaning, I decided to venture off to the pool on the Tuesday night. It didn't take much effort to swim 1km but I decided to stop at 1km - don't want to do too much during recovery month! :)

Also rode the road bike on Saturday as part of the casual bike ride. Rode from my house to Catani Gardens in St Kilda, we then waited at Cafe Racer before heading to Mordialloc and return. I turned off at Black Rock to home. It felt very weird to be on the road bike compared to the TT.

Least favourite session of the week:
Missing the interaction with squad friends due to the lack of training sessions.

Advice(s) of the week:
1) Spend time with loved ones after your race especially during recovery phase.
2) Support others in their events even though you are done with triathlon for the season - friendship and support is a two-way street.





Thing I’m looking forward to next week:
We have the Tri Alliance Long Course Goal Setting workshop on Tuesday night which I am looking forward to. I have got my plan prepared for the next season 2013-2014 with Melbourne Ironman as one of my A races (Shepparton 70.3 being the other).

No comments:

Post a Comment