Monday 15 April 2013

Weekly Reflection - 08/04 - 14/04

Favourite session of the week: Tri Alliance and the Liv/Giant rides were combined on Saturday. We started the ride from Cafe Racer to Mordi and then ended the ride at the Great Provider. It was a very casual ride so I spent 90% of the ride (when I met up with them after I rode from Mentone) on the small chain ring. We took a photo at Mordialloc.

Liv/Giant & Tri Alliance LADIES ride
What I love about this ride was the amount of ladies who actually came out with us - I don't think we have seen a group of females on a bunch ride since the SUB Womens ride which occurred in 2007 and 2008. I bet it was a surprise for all the guys who also stopped at Mordialloc. We had riders of all different abilities on this ride - from professional through to beginners with their trusty but rusty bikes.

Least favourite session of the week: Not really any session which I disliked (as I haven't done anything really....) Other than a few things which annoyed me during my commute to and from work - people not paying attention walking on/across bikepaths etc.

Advice of the week: "Race day is just the VICTORY LAP to celebrate your training."- absolutely love this! How true is it - we stress about race day so much when it should be a celebration of all the hard work you have done in the weeks/months/years leading up to your race event.

Thing I’m looking forward to next week: The Tri Alliance Latte Ride will be heading towards Williamstown this weekend - I remember the ride being quite picturesque. Might ride from my house again like what I did last year and ride home from the starting point. Won't be pushing too hard on the bike - will be a good steady ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment