Thursday 29 November 2012

Back in the Game

After my first half ironman, I have had a great 2 weeks off real training. All I have done since the 19th Nov - a few pilates classes, half a dozen open water swims and a hell of a lot of sleeping in.

I only have this weekend left in terms of recovery and I am planning on doing more sleeping, catching up with friends who have had babies within the last few months, my work's end of year formal function and my (dreaded) tax return for the last 2 years!

Tri Alliance sent out a survey last week asking athletes what their races are for the rest of the season post Shepparton and I had down the following events:
  • Sandringham Olympic Distance Triathlon - 1.5km Swim, 40km Ride, 10km Run
  • Geelong Long Course - 1.9km Swim, 90km Ride, 21.1km Run
  • Big Bay Swim - 3.2km Swim
  • Ironman Melbourne - 3.8km Swim, 180km Ride, 42.2km Run
The Nissan corporate triathlon (400m Swim, 10km Ride, 4km Run) is on the week after Geelong and I will assess if I really can (be bothered) doing that event or not. It is a fun day and we do get a few really good things to keep from the teams we race for but it may or may not be great for my prep for Ironman. It is a short race compared to everything I have been training for so it may be a good fun thing to do in between Geelong and Ironman Melb.

I am also going to (haven't signed up yet) do a 4km Swim event on the 8th December 2012. It is hosted by FunkyTrunks and the event will be off Brigton Beach (not the calmest). I will be guaranteed to be the slowest in my category but I am doing this event for myself as I really enjoy long continuous swims.

I am back on the race weight journey now. This morning, I weighed myself and I am sitting at 58.7kg. My lightest was 56.2kg a week or so prior to Shepparton. My race weight goal is still 55kg and hope to get down to that by mid March.

No comments:

Post a Comment