Friday 16 November 2012

2 more days...landed in Shepparton

With 2 more days left until I race my first half ironman, I have finally picked up a set of race wheels to use for this weekend.

I ordered a set of HED 6 and 9 (front and back) and the ones I am using for this weekend are HED 6 front and back. The wind conditions today were pretty rough so the ride around the course with the race wheels proved to be a real test on how I hold myself up on the bike, with deep rim wheels and cross wind. The ride towards Kialla Lake drive was so good! We had a strong tail wind so I reached speeds up to 45km/hr just without a descent! I tested out which gears work best with what cadence I could hold and I will stick to this strategy on Sunday as it was sustainable.

After the ride on the course, we helped out with the setting up of the TA TAJ and then it was a quick swim around the course (more like get use to the funny taste of the Kialla lake water). We only swam about 20% of the course and hopefully the bouys will be out tommorrow as I wouldn't mind swimming the lap.

Tommorrow will be another chance for us to ride the course, a small run of the course and then a swim.

Being back at Shepparton has made my nerves settle more as I have been here before.

Being in a motel has its limitations in preparing food to eat. There's a kettle but no microwave. I ended up cooking instant noodles and had half a BBQ chicken with some canned veges.

No comments:

Post a Comment