Thursday 15 November 2012

3 More Days...last minute items

3 more days until Shepparton 70.3.

Within the last 24 hours (since the previous entry) I have done the following:
  • Bought sunscreen - PABA free. The reason why I don't wear suncreen is that I break out in a bad rash as my pores are blocked. Haven't worn sunscreen on my body since the early 90s. I wore a small amount at Noosa but only on my shoulders to stop the uneven tan lines. I had to purchase sunscreen to use for this weekend as I will be spending 6+hours in the sun and the last thing I need is to be red raw and have tri-suit tan.
  • Did a 1.5km open water swim last night at Elwood with the wettie.
  • Started my garlic bread carbo loading routine - not only does it help with my glycogen levels but it also helps in warding off colds - not good for kissing partners.
  • Printed off the course info - Lucky as the bike course is slightly different from what I had downloaded 4 weeks ago.
The next 24 hours, I still have to do the following:
  • Buy a cap (decided to use a cap for running - not using a visor) - NO M-DOT hats will be purchased. I have respect for the M-Dot to wear anything with it until I have finished an ironman distance race.
  • Get a massage
  • If I feel like it (and the conditions are good) - do a small swim/walk the dog at Elwood
  • Pack Pack Pack!!! Triple check I have everything I need for training and racing
  • Pick up loan wheels from the bike shop (still have not arrived yet - not happy) 
  • Drive to Shepparton
My nerves have calmed down since my last entry. I have no doubt that I will have the ability to finish this race. Good news is that I will have someone special on the side lines cheering me on (first time ever).

No comments:

Post a Comment