Saturday 17 November 2012

1 more day!

In about 8 more hours, I would be waking up from (most likely a sleepless) nights sleep and will be getting ready for my first half ironman triathlon.

Today, we did a short 20-30km ride of the course followed by a quick 3km run of the run course. We ran around the lake, through the suburbs and just over the metal bridge and had a quick chat about he run course past the bridge.

I will be racing with a cap this time as it will be good not only for shading the face but also use it to place ice on my head to cool me down.

After the training session, I opted out of the swim because it was a short swim from the start to the swim exit and the coaches didn't andante us to do more than that. After eating some food I had packed, it was time to register. The stuff we got in our race packs was pretty amazing! We got a race wheel bag, a massive soup mug, a water bottle, competitors shirt. The race wheel bag was pretty good as I don't have one. The ironman 70.3 logos are pretty good amongst all the merchandise. Being a first time long course athlete, I am pretty excited about it all!

Okay, it is time for bed. Hope to update this blog on how I went. Apologies that the recent entries don't have photos, I am blogging from my iPad(1) which does not like it when I upload photos on any social media means. I hope to update the recent entries with some photos from the day.

Good night, good luck and race happy

No comments:

Post a Comment