Monday 29 October 2012

Pack Pack Pack!

Started to pack for Noosa yesterday.

As we will be training through the week leading up to and the days after the race, there is so much to take!

Cleaned the bike yesterday (using the bike stand which I got from Tim and Nola as an early bday/xmas present) - so easy to use and just makes everything so much easier to handle! Rode around the block and then started to disassemble the bike and wrapped it onto the frame.

BIKE IS PACKED
Oh - before I forget - spent a day at Bunnings as I had to replace the crappy wheels that came with the Scicon bag (I think they have improved the wheels since then) but mine were destroyed from the first use (Noosa last year). Changing over the wheels is not an easy task when you live by yourself and own little to no tools. First I had to undo the nut (had to go to Bunnings to buy a spanner), then undid one wheel - went back to Bunnings to see what I can replace it with - turns out, most wheels have a 4 bolt assembly and not a single 10mm bolt so I could only buy one type. The wheel did not come with nuts and I couldnt reuse the broken ones so I had to buy nuts which could fit onto 10mm bolt. But as the nut just screwed unto the bolt freely - I had to double nut!....there was about 3 visits to Bunnings on Sunday with only 1 purchase of a sausage in bread!

I also bought plumbers insulation in 3 sizes to help protect the frame, forks and handle bars. Due to the size of the bike (small), there is no need for me to remove anything but the wheels - sweet as!

Will start to pack training clothes and normal (civilian) clothes over the next few evenings and hopefully have all my shit together by Tuesday night. Lucy (the little dog) gets to go to someone's house to play for a week.

Started to get anxious thinking about the actual race. Looks like a wetsuit swim too (sad face).

No comments:

Post a Comment