Queens B'day (long) weekend will be the first weekend in 6 years that I will not be attending the Tri Alliance
Lorne Training Camp (as I am no longer training with this squad). I am making the most of the long weekend with a trail running event (more details below) and spending time along the coast with the family.
- The Run Forrest trail run event is on the 7th June (Queens B'day weekend) - there is a 10km or 21km course. I will make this my long run day for that long weekend - I will decide by mid May if I will be running 10km or 21km. I am not stressed about running the 21km as this is a trail run and I will not be racing it.
- On the 21st June, there are several run events on - there is the Salomon Trail (11 or 15km) run out at Studley park and there is a Sri Chimnoy run at Albert Park (10km or 21km). I will use this as my long run day for the week. Trails vs Pancakes?
- The Melburn Roobaix is on the 28th June and this will take up the whole day. It is not considered a training day as the distance is 45km and it will not be done at any intensity or speed. I will most likely do a ride on the Saturday followed by a run after the ride or in the afternoon.
Small Goals/Key Sessions:
- Continue with the run technique on Tuesday evenings and interval running on Thursday evenings.
- Swimming on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
- Continue with Strength Sessions - Monday and Wednesday.