Wednesday 12 February 2014

Weekly Reflection 03/02 - 09/02

The week mainly consisted of recovery from Challenge Melbourne, some hard-to-finish sessions and my most brutal ride as part of a triathlon team.

Favourite session of the week: I enjoyed my maiden voyage on my CX bike (Betty) to and from work on Tuesday. As advised by Coach Greg, we would be doing an easy spin session so I thought that I would take this day to ride to work instead. I love how the CX bike handles and love the responsiveness of the disc brakes. The ride home was a big of a challenge with winds up to 50km/hr. I rode in the small chain ring all the way home and what would have taken me just over an hour on a normal day took me over 2 hours. Still, it was an enjoyable day on the bike.

Least favourite session of the week: I didn't have a good week in training at all. On Thursday, I tried to get my long run in as I wouldn't be able to do it on the weekend. It was 25km on the program for Sunday but I wanted to see if I could get near that distance. The first 10km was ok, then a few hundred meters after that, I got drowsy and was not able to concentrate on my technique properly. I decided to turn around and head home. The journey home seemed to take forever and it consisted of walk/jogs. I think it took nearly 2 hours just to get home.

Advice of the week: I won't be doing any back-to-back races in the future. I really didn't give myself enough time to reover from Challenge before heading into another event at Geelong. Even though it was just the swim and the bike, it still takes its toll.


Foxy in Transition @ Geelong

Thing I’m looking forward to next week: Recovery week! I have intentionally taken Monday and Tuesday off training just to mentally and physically recharge myself for the weekend ahead. It will also be the first week where we do a swim at Frankston and then run from Frankston back towards St Kilda. This week is 25km which is approximately Frankston to Sandringham. Sunday temps don't look too bad (max of 22 with a shower or two clearing).

Saturday's program is a long ride with 4km off the bike. I have been finding that I am fatigued around 100km so the next few weeks will be training through it and be better prepared for the long day in March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment