Monday 16 December 2013

Hell Week - 2013 Edition


Best part of Hell Week - these memes by Roofi.

This year's Hell Week will be my 4th and I can't wait for it to start. Mainly because I need the spike in training load. So the schedule was uploaded on the (closed) Facebook group page and it looks something like this:

Sat 21st Dec - Ride 6am for 6:15am start with run off the bike and then swim. Most likely, I will ride from my house at 5am so that I am able to run off the bike near home and then drive (or ride) over to Elwood for open water swim. 

Sun 22nd Dec - Same as above and I have a Xmas party on starting at 1pm.

Mon 23rd Dec - The program is a ride 5:50am for 6am start but I will see how I go depending on how late I stay out from Sunday. I may do my own ride later in the day. Swim at 5:45pm at St Kilda.

Tues 24th Dec - Same as above but I will ride with the group after I start from my house at 5am. I will see how I go with the run off the bike and then will do the swim at St Kilda at 5:45pm.

Wed 25th Dec - Xmas day so we will most likely do a Xmas day ride - will bring out the CX bike.

Thurs 26th Dec - Same as 21st Dec but will see how I go with the run off the bike and/or swim.

Friday 27th Dec - I usually have a sleep in on this day and then go for a swim - will see if I am going to Elwood for this swim or not.

Sat 28th Dec - Ride 6:10am for 6:15am start with run off the bike and then a swim at St Kilda.  

I will try my best to follow the program of 90km rides, 5-6km run off the bike (or 7km run in the afternoon) and 1.5-2km swim. I know that I may not be able to do the entire run session but I will still run/walk the distance whenever I can.

The normal training timetable kicks in on the 2nd Jan and I get back to work on the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment