Thursday 20 September 2012

Apollo Bay Pre-Season Camp - The Plan of Attack!

This weekend 21st Sept - 22nd Sept will be the Apollo Bay Pre-Season training camp. This will be my first pre-season camp ever but my 3rd training camp for 2012.

Last night, I started to pack for the weekend after tackling a lonely 2km in the pool (with band/pb and paddles) as I will be running this evening and most likely have no energy (mental strength) to think about what to pack. The accomodation I am staying at this time around does not have a clothes dryer and is about 1km from the pier where we soak our legs so I will need to pack multiple sets of cycling clothes and running gear and possible, my single speed bike.

Friday
Planning again to leave Melb around 12 and trying to arrive in Apollo Bay around 3pm - check in and get ready for (my) first training session - 8km flat run.

Saturday
6:30am start - 110km ride from Apollo Bay to Lorne and up to Benwerrin and return to Apollo Bay (hopefully within 5 hours). This time around, I will try to do this distance in a better time compared to the Long Course camp a few months ago - that would be my aim and have enough in me to run 12km off the bike as per the program.

Running off the bike is something which I have not done since March 2012. It will not be pretty - that I can promise but hopefully will give me a kick up the bum to do more runs off the bike from now on.

We will then have a rest before joining VIS coach Jarrod Evans for a workshop on Long Course training and racing at 4pm.

Sunday
A 6:15am start - The ride will be another 110km but heading towards Lavers Hill and turn around at Wyelangta and back to Apollo Bay. Again, there will be another 12km run off the bike. I didn't do this ride last time due to stomach issues and so this weekend, I am determined to do this no matter what.

Check out of our accomodation will be around 3pm and may leave Apollo Bay around 4pm.

If everything goes to plan (no stomach issues this time around), I will aim to do the following:
Ride = 220km
Run = 32km

As I haven't done many hill rides in winter, I am hoping that the 220km ride along the Great Ocean Rd and up Deans Marsh Rd and Lavers Hill will be good enough training for the Kinglake ride on the 6th Oct.

Going to give it all I have this weekend (mentally and physically) - I have nothing to lose, only gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment