Tuesday 24 July 2012

Geelong Long Course - 2013

This morning, I signed up to the Geelong Long Course Race (1.9km Swim, 90km ride and 21.1km run). For some reason, it is not branded as 70.3 but has the same distances. Last year, the Long Course race was 2km swim, 80km ride and 20km run. This will be my 2nd half ironman after Shepparton.

They are spaced 84 days apart (12 weeks) so it would give me plenty of time to rest after Shep and build up again to this race. There is Hell Week in December which would be an excellent training spike leading into Geelong.

I am excited about this race! I am familiar with the terrain and course as I raced the Olympic Distance last year. The swim is fantastic (nice and flat as it is sheltered), the ride has its moments but with a bit of consistent training on the new bike, I should be more comfortable and the run is through the park and then into the main street.

If timing is right, mum would have moved to Geelong which will be good for accomodation and having mum watch me race (for the first time ever).

I have a few people in the squad who have also signed up for either the Long Course or the Olympic distance race so it should be a great weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Evalin

    Just came across your blog. I'll enter Geelong Long Course too, and probably some of the other events you're planning to do. Keep up the blog, its interesting reading someone else's progress.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel - are you still racing this weekend? How are you feeling?

      Delete