Tuesday 3 April 2012

Oh Recovery Month - I HEART YOU!

This week is the official start of my recovery phase! After having done the Run for the Kids event (official Herald Sun published paper time of 1:26:14), I am not really lifting a finger in my training and I feel kinda like a kid wagging school!

There is a small group of people still training for Dextro Sydney Olympic, Port Mac (IMAus), Busselton (70.3) and Port Douglas Olympic but most of the Tri Alliance guys and gals are on (training) holiday mode. Last night, instead of swimming, I went out for dinner on Smith Street. Turkish dips and mese platter with some meat added, baclava, turkish delight, coffee...what a great evening it was!


This morning was another sleep in and not having to pack the bike in the car the night before with the windtrainer, clothes and making sure things are ready for a windtrainer session. I may shadow Mick at swimming on Wednesday night, I may not, depends on how I feel. I do have to prepare food to eat for the next few days as I am getting a tonsilectomy on Thursday.

No excercise after the operation which is why I planned it around recovery month. I won't feel guilty about not getting up in time for the long rides, runs or getting into work. What I am actually planning to do whilst I have a week off work is to do my tax return (2009-2010 and 2010-2011), clean my house and put things on ebay to sell to pay off the operation, save up enough money to pay off my Malaysia trip and to pay off the new Cannondale Slice bike (which has already arrived in the shop!).

Over the month of April, I will probably get back into about 3 sessions a week during the week of the 16th April onwards. Then it will be the start of the base training in May, then it will progress to the Long Course during the month of June onwards. We will be having Time Trials again in May which will be the base of our swim, ride and run times for 2012. Will be interesting to see how I go considering I have taken a different approach with my training this past summer.

I will need to save up enough money also to pay for Tri Alliance Lorne Camp too which will be around Queens Bday holiday. Can't wait for this camp. It would be good to see how much I have improved over the years and it is also one of the best organised camps too.

No comments:

Post a Comment