Monday 7 March 2016

6 More Sleeps!

My God....I have 6 more sleeps until the big event. I am seriously just sh#ting myself at the moment.

Last week’s training didn’t go as planned. On Tuesday, due to a few accidents on the major routes in Melbourne, it caused massive traffic jams and I was not able to make it to the altitude session. Along the Monash Freeway, I moved 5km in 45min and actually escaped the freeway and arrived around Kew after 7pm (the session finishes at 7pm).

Then on Thursday, I went to my last Art Of Cycling (AOC) session before Peaks. It wasn’t my best session as my legs are feeling so fatigued and I was generally tired and not feeling 100%. I actually stayed home that day after the session as I felt like I was coming down with something. That afternoon, I went for a dry needling session to loosen up my hamstrings as the massage session previously proved to be too painful for relief.

On Friday, I booked myself in for a pilates session but I set my alarm for 5pm instead of 5am. Woke up at 5:50am (too late to attend session) and $25 down the drain.

Saturday, I did my first Beach Road ride from the new house in Aspendale. I rode up to Port Melbourne and back (approx. 60km and took me 2.5 hours). The roads were very busy! Sunday, I rode down to watch the Gran Prix crits from Hampton with my friend who raced the women’s Masters and rode back.

My legs are not feeling great at all. They are so fatigued. They didn’t want to ride at all over the weekend. I will have to put them in my recovery boots regularly until the event day.
I received a call from our accommodation at Falls Creek to let us know what is provided and what is not at the lodge. Looks like we will need to prepare some meals in advanced as we don’t have access to the kitchen but will be able to use the microwave. We might start to get some of our things ready for this weekend so I won’t be packing at the last minute.

I am genuinely nervous about this weekend. The weather at the moment does not look great for Sunday. Both Hotham and Falls Creek are forecasted to have showers and maybe some thunder. I know that I am able to ride the entire course, there is no doubt about it. I am just worried about making the cut off. I am not very good at both climbing and descending so I may struggle to stay in front of the lantern rouge riders.

So this is my “6 sleeps to go” blog entry before Peaks Challenge. Anxiety level 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment