Friday 11 January 2013

Resolutions

I have only ever done the whole "New Years Resolution" thing once (in 2005). It was after a break up of a 4 year relationship and for that New Year, I just wanted to "try everything". It was also a crazy year in terms of going out and partying. Due to the weight gain of 2005, it was also the first year I joined a gym and started to look after my health and fitness.

Since that year, I have alway believed in just changing your lifestyle for the better starting from today rather than waiting for a new year to start the new you. I don't have any thing in particular which I want to introduce/take out for this year but looking back at my lifestyle, I may want to do more of the following:
  • Get more remedial and deep tissue massages, especially since I have changed to another insurance provider which caters more for athletes. 
  • Eat more fish especially for dinner, reduce red meat portions to twice a week. 
  • Be less frugal - throw things away, sell on ebay or give to charity for the things I no longer need
  • Spend more time with family since they have moved from Darwin to Geelong
  • Be more conscious on my spending on triathlon - as much as I can, only pay for entry fees, memberships, flights and accommodation.
  • Commute more on the bike (post Ironman Melb)
In terms of triathlon goals, I will need to reassess and establish more goals for the next season (post 24th March 2013).  I have already ticked off 3 out of 4 of my goals so far with only the Ironman race left to go. 

Roughly, I know that I will have the following:
- Complete an Olympic Distance under 2:45
- Complete a Half Ironman under 6

In 2013, I will also want to save up to $4K before June so I can travel to Canada for a week in July. I do know that I have to also take into account the following things coming up:
- Shepparton Half Ironman Entry - 31st Jan 2013 - approx $400
- Melbourne Ironman Entry - late March or April 2013 - approx $1000
- Bond for rent - approx $2K

Today is also my last day of my holidays and will be back at work on Monday 14th. I have loved my holidays as I lived like full-time athlete - train, eat, sleep, massage, train, sleep repeat almost on a daily basis. The Ironman training load combined with full time work will be a test to me of which I hope that I will be able to manage well. 

Since the 2nd Jan, I have done the following:
Wed 2nd - Swim Pool am, OWS pm
Thur 3rd - Run am, Combo (SBR) pm
Fri 4th - Swim Pool am
Sat 5th - Long Ride
Sun 6th - Long Run
Mon 7th - Swim Pool am
Tues 8th - Run am, Trainer pm
Wed 9th - Swim Pool am
Thur 10th - Run am, Combo (SB) pm
Fri 11th - Swim Pool am
All of the above is in accordance to the program Ollie has set for the first-timer Ironman group. This weekend, I have a 150km+ ride which I will start at 4am and an 18km run on Sunday.

30 days until Geelong Long Course
72 days until Melbourne Ironman

No comments:

Post a Comment