Monday 25 June 2012

Swim Time Trial - 500m

This morning, I ticked off one of my goals for 2012. The goal was to be able to swim under 10min for a 500m - I am pleased and overjoyed that I completed it this morning and felt better than my last time trial 6 weeks ago.

Swimming in the morning (at Northcote) really made a difference in my swimming over the last few weeks. The lanes are not as crowded and as I am at the back of the middle lane, I have had to work a little extra harder to keep up and not get left behind.

The time trial started off slightly more intense than I had planned and it showed as I was getting slightly tired after the first 50m. I made sure I wasn't going to give up too quick and slowly got into a smooth rhythm with my breathing and my strokes. I made sure that I wasn't just turning my arms through the water and that I used the technique work I had picked up with Ryan's swim classes over the last few weeks. I tried to feel as much of the water as I could as the more you feel, the better your technique. As I was only swimming 500m, I pushed hard in the last 50m and swam at T4-5 intensity. I doubt I could do this for my 1km (on Wednesday) but I don't want to get too complacent and not push to my best ability.

Hopefully more good news for the next few days with my running time trial (still running the 5km until after Run Melbourne) and the 20km ride time trial on Saturday.

Yippeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment