Thursday 31 October 2019

What's next?!

At the moment, I am uncertain on what discipline of cycling I would like to do...it is the start of the Summer 2019/20 crit season yet I have signed up for a 3 hr MTB event on the 30th November called Bella Buxton and looking at the Otways Odessey in Feb (either 30 or 50km).

Since I bought my new mountain bike in March 2019, I have really enjoyed riding the mountain bike over road or track cycling.

Speaking of track cycling, I had another fall at DISC during the Women's Track Camp day and really contemplating if this is something which I am including within my cycling schedule. I have always loved track cycling at Brunswick and (knock on wood) I have not crashed. The boards are slippery and the banks are much steeper. I also have a bit of a reaction with heights. I don't know if you would call it a "fear" but when I am up high and peer down, a rush of sweat overcomes me and my visual just goes all "liquid" and my stability goes out the window. If I can, I will mix the Wednesday night Melburn Hurt session if I can over the summer months but I really can't do cold air during the winter and this is why I haven't been back for nearly a year. I will still use my track bike as a training tool, never have and never will race track.

I haven't done much road riding at all (out on the road) and have been utilising the Zwift on the smart trainer since we installed our room in June. My training has never been so consistent especially with the Zwift Academy which kept me on the ball. I have done one crit race this season but unsure about how many races I should be doing a year as my main goal is the Bella Buxton 3 hour and the Forrest race in Feb. I can't afford a cycling coach at the moment due to my payment plan with my Invisaligns which ends in 5 more months.

I haven't trained with Lead Out Cycling since April 2019 due to the winter air, the same reason why I had to put Track on hold. Due to complicated work schedule and not being able to wake up before 5am and no real road riding goals, waking up at 4:30am has not happened for over 6 months. I have been doing most of my "training" after work or at a sane time during the weekends. Events like Giro della Donna or Amy's Gran Fondo no longer interest me. The only road cycling event coming up is the Property Industry Foundation (PIF) ride which I have scheduled in on the 15th Nov. I have also signed up for a social race on the 16th Nov at Lysterfield which I am using as a training session for Bella Buxton. I guess the weeks before Bella Buxton, I should be doing more 3hr+ rides to get my body ready for Buxton. There is a social ride at Buxton on the 9th Nov which I am looking forward to ride. I really do need to ride the trails before the race. Similar to the 3hr Bendigo, without the social/skills session the week before, I don't think I could have ridden as much of is as I did.

Amongst the cycling, I have continued on with Pilates which I love. At lease one session a week is all I can budget but will do more if I can balance it out with cycling training.

That is all I say at the moment. This post is more of a brain dump of my up and coming races and what I am trying to squeeze in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment