Tuesday 12 April 2016

The Guilt

I will just go straight into my current situation - I was made redundant the Thursday before the Easter holidays. I have been unemployed since then and actively looking for work. I have had a few meetings with recruitment as well as responding to ads on seek.com.au directly. Every advice friends and family have provided to me - I am already doing...

Even though I have what you term "pro hours", I have not utilised it the (cycling) advantage. 

I have done one pro hours cycling session and it was to ride my loan track bike to reassure that I am not always a nervous wreck when it comes to trying something new. I already mentioned in my last post that I successfully ridden the bike around the track (and even up on the banks) for a total of 10km (20+min). Because I wasn't doing anything in particular, the session wasn't catered to a program of any sorts, it wasn't a long session at all. I think if I was to do it again, I will need to look into a program or something or listen to music/podcast/audiobook so I won't get bored. Before you mention anything about safety, I always make sure that I cycle the track by myself, no one else is actually there, I only have it in my left ear and I actually to keep my eyes opened when I am riding...

Anyways, back to the point of this post. Because I am unemployed at the moment, I feel guilty for not putting 100% of my spare time with job applications. I haven't been out riding my bike during the daylight hours during the week which is a real shame. I haven't used my redundancy pay for a holiday or a bike purchase because I have a great fear of the unknown and holding on to whatever I have left. I think once I am accepted for a role, then I will feel more comfortable and less guilty about spending my "pro hours" on the bike...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment